Saturday, December 4, 2010

Redhook Ale Brewery

A few months ago, I took my husband to a brewery tour in Woodinville for his birthday.  When we got there around noon, we were hungry and decided to eat at the Forecaster's Pub.



They had many Redhook ales on tap.  I can't remember what we ordered.


The restaurant offers the typical bar fare like burgers, sandwiches, salads, and daily specials.  We had an Entertainbook coupon for a free entree so we decided to splurge on an appetizer.  The salmon artichoke dip was good but on the heavier side.


Hubs had the Turkey B.L.A.S.T. (bacon, lettuce, avocado salsa, swiss, and tomatoes) served in a flaky croissant.


I wasn't in the mood for burgers so I ordered the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich.  It sounded good on the menu - herb marinated chicken breast topped with pepperjack, peppered bacon, and chipotle ranch, served on whole wheat with guacamole, lettuce, and tomato, but it was disappointing.  The chicken and bun was too dry.  All sandwiches were served with couscous salad which was a bit too acidic for my taste.


It was time for the brewery tour after our big lunch.  The tour cost only $1 per person.  It included 5 samplings of beer and we got to keep our souvenir tasting glass. Our guide was very knowledgeable and funny.  He took us through a history lesson of Redhook and explained how they brewed their ales.


We didn't get to walk around the brewery because it was closed on the weekend.



The tasting glass was a lot bigger than what I had expected.  After my second beer, I just took a sip from my husband's glass instead of refilling my glass with others to sample.  Sure, you can call me a weakling, but I was really full!


Overall, the experience was fun and you can't beat $1 for beer tasting.  My piece of advice: don't eat so much before the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment