Sunday, February 21, 2010

In-n-Out


The entire family went to cosmic bowling on the second night of our trip at Strikes in Elk Grove.  A few of us decided to drive down the street to In-N-Out Burger while we had a 45 minute wait for our lane.  I'm not a big meat eater but I wanted to check out what all the hype is about, especially since we don't have one here in Washington state.  I heard that they only use fresh high quality ingredients and none of that pre-packaged frozen stuff.  This fast food chain was packed, mostly with teenagers, when we arrived.  Luckily, most of them left when we started placing our order.  The  menu was very simple - burgers (hamburger or cheeseburger), fries, drinks and shakes.  It reminded me of the menu at Dick's Drive-In, a very popular local fast food eatery in Seattle.  Their shakes are pretty good but I wouldn't recommend their fries (very greasy).  Anyway, we weren't that hungry so hubs and I shared a cheeseburger meal with fries and a drink.  The beef patty tasted fresh and so was the lettuce.   The fries was not the best I ever had.  Overall, I thought the food was average at best.

4 comments:

  1. hello bowl 1/2 full! ;)
    hope u had a good time in cali! i did mostly new year family get togethers there. which was nice because i still getting red envelopes :) hee..hee.. u know i heard 50/50 reviews about this place. so i was hoping to try it out. however, my brother talked me out of it. i guess those hawaii tastebuds dont work at in & out :) miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a great time with the family. too bad we missed each other. i'll see you back in hawaii...hopefully. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man... I LOVE In and Out Burger! hahahah.. it's so simple that its goood... everytime we go vegas that's like our FIRST stop from the airport! I don't know why but it's very tasty to me ^_____^ Glad you had funn on your vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love their burgers b/c of it's affordability. they're not teddy's bigger burger burgers but they're pretty fresh tasting and so darn cheap for a complete meal.

    ReplyDelete