Thursday, February 4, 2010

Curry House



One thing hubby can't live without is curry, especially Curry House CoCo Ichibanya curry.  He first fell in love with curry from his mom's homemade Vietnamese version.  Then he discovered what he calls the best Japanese curry ever during his first year in college.  Curry House is a Japanese chain restaurant with locations internationally as well as in Hawaii.  They serve regular (spicy) or mild curry with your choice of topping(s).  Hubby's favorite is squid and fish fry.  When we were living in Hawaii, we usually go to the McCully location above and for a very good reason.  He took me there on one of our very first dates and introduced me to Japanese curry.  We even shot a scene for our wedding video there.  Honestly, I don't think we would be together if I hated curry.

Every time I go back to Hawaii to visit,  the Mr. would tell me to bring him back curry but I always failed to bring any back.  Last summer when I went back for a wedding, I finally completed my mission.  Curry House sells frozen curry sauce in a styrofoam container which you can only buy from their University location.  You can imagine my husband's reaction after he took his first bite of curry after two long years.  He was in heaven.  Then recently, my friend from Portland just came back from Hawaii and brought us more curry from Curry House!  We finally decided to heat it up for dinner since we had some squid in the freezer.

The fried squid was very quick and simple to make.  All we did was cut the squid into rings, lightly seasoned the flour with togarashi (Japanese chili pepper spice), and tossed it into the flour mixture to coat.   The squid was then fried and added to the curry to top it off.   Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...I can still taste the golden deliciousness. DO WANT!

    ReplyDelete