Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kona Kitchen

I'm discovering more and more food establishments serving up local dishes native to Hawaii here in Washington, especially the signature plate lunch with two scoops of rice, mac salad, and a hot entree. I usually rely on word of mouth from people who have actually lived in Hawaii before I decide to give these restaurants a try. I hope to see more eateries like these pop up so I can pig out on some of the popular foods I miss from Hawaii.

Last night, we went to Kona Kitchen near Northgate and got a good fix of local kine grindz and entertainment. While not the best food I've tasted compared to home, the atmosphere was laid back and relaxing which I really enjoyed. Not to mention there was a live band performance that night which was a big plus for me! I was almost transported back to Hawaii, but I think they could have played a little more Hawaiian music to make the experience even better.

Back to the food. Hubby and I shared the loco moco and the huli chicken. The hamburger patty was dry but otherwise, I don't see how you can mess up a loco moco. The huli chicken was tender and tasty which made up for the other dish. Next time, the Mr. wants to go back for lunch to eat Da Kanak Attack! I feel sleepy just talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment