Monday, June 14, 2010

PDX Food Stands


We can't get enough of the food from the wide array of food stands in Portland ever since our last trip in December.  When we decided to head south for the weekend, we stopped by Brunchbox in downtown Portland between 5th & Stark for lunch.  The Redonkadonk was a monstrosity of a burger which consisted of two grilled cheese sandwiches stacked with hamburger, egg, ham, bacon, spam, cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce in between.  Hubs and I split the burger, of course.  The sinfully delicious burger made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack.    


Before we left to hit the outlet mall, hubs was still hungry.  How can that be?  Believe it or not, that guy can eat!  He went to La Jarochita, a Mexican food cart around the corner, and got a chicken mole burrito.  What is a mole you ask?  It is a very thick sauce used in Mexican cuisine consisting of complex flavors and one of the ingredients being chocolate.  I ate a sampling but I was way too stuffed to eat anymore.


The next day, we went to Biscuits Cafe for brunch.   Hubs and I shared their House Special Corned Beef Hash.  It came with crispy hash browns the way I like it, eggs, and biscuits.  I can't believe I didn't take pictures!  Their biscuit was amazingly moist and fluffy.  It tasted great with the strawberry jam that accompanied it.  We later found out that the product is called SunFresh Freeserves that is owned and manufactured right here in Seattle.  

I had to try one more food stand before we left to go home so we stopped at Waffle Window on the SE side of Portland.  It's a take-out window on the side of Bread & Ink Cafe that specializes in belgian waffles.  


I was tempted to go back to Flavour Spot where we had the sausage and maple waffle sandwich last time but we opted to try a new waffle place instead.  I had a sweet tooth so I got the Spring Fling with fresh sliced strawberries, rhubarb sauce, a large scoop of coconut panna cotta topped with whipped cream cinnamon sugar and shredded coconut for only $4!  It was so good!  I have a major craving as I'm typing this.  *drool*


Hubs went with the savory waffle.  His came with the ham which he substituted with bacon, Jarslberg and Gruyere cheeses served with maple syrup.   Delish but I liked mine better.  


I can't wait to go back to Portland to pig out some more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment