Friday, April 9, 2010

Genki Sushi


A while ago, my sister told me that she had passed by Uwajimaya in the new Renton location and saw a sign that said Genki Sushi coming soon.  A few months later, Genki Sushi opened and I am happy it did.  Genki is a Japanese kaiten sushi chain with locations internationally as well as in Hawaii and has recently made its trek to Seattle.    


What I love and miss most about Genki Sushi is its spicy tuna (gunkan).  I tried it here but it was not as good as I had hoped for.  Don't get me wrong.  Overall, the food was good but it's just not the same as Genki's in Hawaii.  

Here, we tried the spicy bomb (inari sushi with spicy tuna).  The sweetness of the fried tofu overpowered the taste of the tuna.  I forgot to take a picture of my spicy tuna gunkan!

Spicy Bomb


One of their speciality rolls

  
Hub's favorite unagi sushi (eel)



Tonkatsu Ramen ($3.00)

I had to try the ramen.  This is the first time I've seen noodles on their menu.  For presentation, I topped off the ramen with a piece of shrimp tempura from the conveyor belt.  I liked the noodles but the soup had too much sesame oil in it.

Compared to their first location in Queen Anne, it seems like they have dropped their prices here with many plates ranging from $1.00 to $3.00.  The decor also more closely resembles the Hawaii franchises which is another plus.   Then after dinner, we walked over to Uwajimaya and picked up this for dessert! 


Steamed Cheese Cake

1 comment:

  1. Hey... You should post a pix of my version of the SPICY BOMB!!! hahahhahaha ^_______^

    ReplyDelete